Monday 30 October 2017

Changes In My Study Programme



Since I was little I've always dreamed of going to study at the university, always dreamed of reaching the university campus, where everything was different from the school, where everyone was there for the sole interest of learning new things, where there were giant buildings, huge rooms for more than 100 people, etc.   

Image result for campus universitario


Today with my 20 years old, currently studying chemistry and pharmacy at the University of Chile, I realize that things are not as I imagined them (well I guess not everything is perfect). Both my faculty and my career need urgent changes, changes that can’t be made to wait. My career, chemistry and pharmacy had a recent curricular innovation, in which many courses were removed and added, until that point everything is fine, the problem is that many of these courses have been implemented badly. I put the case of a course I had the previous semester, called research for pharmaceutical sciences where somehow it was to encourage the scientific interest of students, but this was not done in a pleasant way, they filled us with jobs (which were not at all pleasant) whose dynamics did not allow you to learn anything, I also remember that they made us read English papers, which was not good at first, not all students had the same level of English, so those of us who knew less were it made this task very difficult for us. This is one of the many examples of the changes that must be made to the current curriculum of my career.   



Image result for facultad de ciencias quimicas y farmaceuticas
Now speaking at the faculty level, it lacks green areas, has very few and those that have are in poor condition. The lack of places that protect students on rainy days is also present, another important issue is the acoustics of the rooms, which is very bad.
So I could continue for a long time more enumerating things that should be changed, despite this I feel extremely proud of belonging to a University like this and I’m 100% sure that when I finished my career I will be grateful for everything I have learned in this place .








5 comments:

  1. the infrastructure of the university is not bad but more green areas are missing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read papers can be hard sometimes, but I think it's just practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they will add more green areas in this faculty:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope people in the faculty take care of green areas :( It's sad to read that your career needs urgent changes, i hope they occur soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't forget all the papers that we have to read in the course, it was so difficult

    ReplyDelete